Monday, February 11, 2008

Day 6 - The First Week of Lent -Monday

Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight. O, LORD my strength and my redeemer.

I did not post Fri - Sunday just laziness. Lent is about sacrifice. I must sacrifice my time, and post. I don't want 2008 to be like the last 2 years. I just stopped and did not post. Nope, not this year.

Opening Prayer
Father God, I come before you in the name of Jesus Christ my savior, asking you to bring me back to you and fill my mind with your wisdom. May I be enriched by my observance of Lent. Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.

Today's Readings: Psalm 17; 1 Chron. 21:1 - 17 (just too deep for words); 1 John 2:1-6; Leviticus 19:1-2, 11-18; Psalm 19:8, 9, 10, 15; Matthew 25:31-46

Lord, forgive me for my secret sins. Keep me from sins of pride; don't let them rule over me.
Psalm 19

Daily Meditation- I should think of others and care for those less fortunate thatn I am.

Today's Daily Reflecion - My job is to help people and that is what I should do, I shouldnot take it personally when peole are upset. Theya re angry with the situation not me.

Intercession - Lord, help me to do what is good, right and true in your sight, - and to seek you always with an undivided heart.

Closing Prayer - Lord, may my journey with you this Lent be of grace, forgiveness and gentle love.

I am very tired I am going to bed.

I thank God for another day. I love you Lord

No comments: