Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Day 7 The First Week of Lent Tuesday

Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight. O, LORD my strength and my redeemer.

Opening Prayer
Father God, look on me, your child. Help me to grow during this season. Lord help me to be disciplined and not be side tracted as to why I am doing this. Help me not to be prideful and think tha I am higher that what I really am. Through the discipline of Lent help my desire in you to grow. In the matchless name of jesus Christ I pray, Amen.

Today's Scripture

Isaiah 55:10-11; Psalm 34:4-5, 6-7, 16-17, 18-19; Matthew 6:7-15
Psalm 17; Zech. 3:1-10; 2 Peter 2:4 - 21

Thank you Lord for your words of comfort and assurance.


Today's Daily Reflection - Here I am all caught up with a Peter attitude. Thinking to my self. Oh I can handle this fast and not watching TV is not a problem. First thing this morning I have to reflect back on my scripture and prayer of helping others from yesterday Matt 25:40;45 "anything you refused to do for the least or my people here, you refused to do for me"

A man asked me did I have 75 cents ths morning. I immediately said no when I knew good and darn well that I had it. As matter of fact I had 5.00 in quarters. This man never rides this train. He is not a regular. He asked me if i had 75 cents and I said no. I was immediately convicted. The Holy Sprit bought to mind. What you have done to the least of me you have done to me. I could see myself saying, "Lord, when did you ask me for 75 cents". I said to myself oh man. I had no choice but to give man 75 cents.

Intercession - Lord, help me to do what is good, right and true in your sight, - and to seek you always with an undivided heart.

Closing Prayer - Lord, may my journey with you this Lent be of grace, forgiveness and gentle love.

I thank God for another day. I love you Lord



No comments: