Thursday, February 14, 2008

Day 9 - The First Week of Lent - Thursday

Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight. O, LORD my strength and my redeemer.

Opening Prayer
Father God, without you I can do nothing. Without you I am nothing. By your spirit help me to know what is right and to be eager in doing your will. In the matchless name of jesus Christ I pray, Amen.

Today's Scripture
Psalm 138:1-8; Matthew 7:7-12
Psalm27; Gen 13:1-7,14-18; Phil3:2-12

Thank you Lord for your words of comfort and assurance.
Although I may consider it an accident that I read Philip 2: 1-12 as part of my scripture, it was not. I wish I had read it before I left this morning. It speaks of doing everything without complaining or arguing.

This morning I complained and bickered for about 15 minutes about how rude men are to women when boarding the bus. How they practically knock you down to get a seat. I have real issues with that and I need to pray about it.

Meditation
I just want to be in God's will and have a praing heart. I want to trust God no matter what the sistuation. I realized that I have not arrived but I am trying. One thing that I know for sure that I am secure in the shadow of God's Wings.

Today's Daily Reflection
I can depend on God no matter what. God has a teack record of showing up right on time. He slumbers not nor sleeps.

Intercession - Lord, help me to do what is good, right and true in your sight, - and to seek you always with an undivided heart.

Closing Prayer -Lord, I’m not always eager to do your will. I’d often much rather do my own will. Please be with me on this Lenten journey and help me to remember that your own spirit can guide me in the right direction. I want to “fix” my weaknesses but the task seems overwhelming. But I know that with your help, anything can be done. With a grateful heart, I acknowledge your love and know that without you, I can do nothing.

I thank God for another day. I love you Lord



No comments: