Thursday, March 6, 2008

Day 26 - The Fourth Week of Lent - March 6

I can not beleive that it has been almost a month since I last posted, I have let the time get away from me but not the worg. I have read the word But I have not been on the praying Lent site which is very helpful. Over the weeks God has revealed things to me about my past. I realize taht God was always with me and keeping me safe.

Starting Over - The Midpoint of Lent
"Lord, it feels so good to be honest with myself before you. Let me know your presence today. Help me face the challenges that will be there today. Give me some more freedom to make different choices, and act on the graces you are giving me, to refrain from escaping, but rather to give myself to loving, as you have loved me."

Below is the reason I should have sated on the praying lent Web Site:
  • if being crabby or impatient with various people throughout my day is my struggle, then each morning I can ask for the grace to give that up today. And, I can practice some response that will replace it. Perhaps I will try to see the other person the way God sees him/her. Perhaps I will imagine some pain or struggle or insecurity that could be the reason that they are annoying me. Perhaps I just need to say something affirming or complementary to the person. Or, if I’m tempted to escape in fantasy throughout the day, I can ask for the grace each morning to live with and embrace the real human beings I live with today.

My reflection: As Moses was an intercessor fore the Children of Isreal when God was fed up and was ready to wipe them out; So is Jesus to us. Bless his holy name.

No comments: