Saturday, March 15, 2008

Day 34 - The fifth week of lent - March 15

Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight. O, LORD my strength and my redeemer.

Opening Prayer
Lord, I just thank you for the Revelation of the scripture that I have read. Stories of the Bible that I have read time and time again. sermons that I have heard time and time again. And just never got it. Lord I bless your name because you are worthy. Lord guide me through this day In Jesus name.

Just Think ...

Per Praying Lent 2008

Today we read how this all came about and how Joseph took Mary as his wife. He is favored with the tremendous privilege of a message from God brought to him by an angel in a dream. Joseph hears and immediately obeys the will of God. His whole subsequent married life is to be marked by fidelity to the will of God. Again and again he will do the will of God in taking care of Jesus and Mary. As I read today's readings and ponder the life of St. Joseph, I come to a deeper realization of just how important a part he played in the life of Jesus and in the work of our redemption. As we prepare for Holy Week, Joseph can be our guide to Jesus and Mary.

Today's Scripture

Jeremiah 18:18-20; Psalm 31:5-6, 14, 15-16; Matthew 20:17-28

Meditation

Joseph can help us with our Lenten journey. He did what the Lord asked him to do. He became a servant who could not have fully understood God's ways.

Today's Daily Reflection
I pray that I will one day truly know my Purpose.



Closing Prayer - God of Love, Joseph was the husband of Mary, and you entrusted Jesus to his care. I am inspired by his fidelity and integrity as your self-sacrificing servant. Allow Joseph to offer strength, courage, fidelity and tender self-less love to all husbands. Let this holy family renew in me the desire to be your servant, faithful in the vocation you have given me..

I thank God for another day. I love you Lord





No comments: