Sunday, March 16, 2008

First day of Holy Week _ March 16

I am on my way to the foot of the cross. This is my journey this week. However that s not how the story ends. Sunday is coming. No matter what happens this week, I will try to remember what week it is and what my Savior went through, he was humble and knew how to be quiet. I should continue this through out life. Not just this week.

Opening Prayer
Lord, I just want to start by saying that I love you. I thank you for what you did for me, Lord. Help me this week to be humble in very way. My thoughts . My speech, my attitude towards others.

Jesus Christ is my Savior as a model of humility. He fulfilled your will by becoming one of us and giving his life on the cross. Help us to bear witness to you by following his example of suffering and make us worthy to share in his resurrection. Lord, I am not worthy and sometime ai walk around here like the world is mine when it infact is your. Lord, have mercy on me.


Today's Scripture

Isaiah 50:4-9; Psalm 31:9-16; Phil 2:5-11; Luke 22:14-23:56
Matthew 21:1-11. Isaiah 50:4-7; Psalm 22:8-9,17-20, 23-24; Philippians 2:6-11; Matthew 26:14-74 ,Matthew 27

Meditation

Right now all I can say is WOW ! After reading the scripture. What Jesus went through and how humbel he was.

For a closer union with Jesus in his humility, in his suffering.

This Sunday we hold palm branches in our hands, and wave them to greet our Lord's entry into the city of our salvation. Last year's palms were burned to form the ashes that marked our foreheads to begin this Lenten journey.

We can place these palm branches - perhaps from each member of the family - in a special place in our home (maybe cutting a small piece and putting it some place where I work).
Each day this week they can represent our celebration of his love for me. That symbol can say so many words - all that I am about to celebrate and accept as love for me, and all the entry into Jerusalem experiences in my life.


Today's Daily Reflection

We can see several things that relate to us today. There were 2 crowds on Palm Sunday. One parade leads into Jerusalem with Jesus’ being welcomed and proclaimed. The other pictures Jesus leaving Jerusalem days later in disgrace and abandoned. The Liturgy of palms and the liturgy of The Passion bespeaks the duality of our human response to God through out history; sometimes we allow him in and other times we push him away.

Jesus was submissive as I should be.

Jesus lived hisi own way and never harmed anyone according to Isa.


“Christ became obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.” Phil.2



When Jesus spoke it was never in retaliation. It was only in truth.





Closing Prayer - It's true. I am just realizing how much you loved me Lord. I mean I knew. but did I really know? You gave us your son. He suffered with me an for me. That was my sin on that cross. Jesus paid it all. All to him I owe. I could never repay it. Loed be with me. Lord help me to be humble. i want my light to shine

I thank God for another day. I love you Lord









No comments: